Or choose an option

Most Popular Help Guides

NSW LRS has prepared several helpful guides to assist you across significant life stages. The guides below detail common events that may affect the information on your Land Title and may require further action.

End of Mortgage

Once a mortgage of Torrens Title land has been paid off, the mortgagee (the lender) prepares documentation to notify NSW LRS. This is an acknowledgement in writing by the mortgagee that the obligation (principal and interest) secured by a mortgagee has been repaid.

Find Out More

Transfer of Title

Property titles may be transferred for a number of reasons. If you wish to transfer an interest or share in your land to another person, including a member of your family or a friend, you must notify NSW LRS, to have that legal interest recorded on the title to the land.

Find Out More

Change of Name

If you have changed your name since you were recorded as an owner on a land title, you can apply to NSW Land Registry Services to have your new name registered on title. You will also need to supply evidence to support the change.

Find Out More

Power of Attorney

A power of attorney is a legal document made by one person, who is called the ‘principal’ that allows another person to do things with the principal’s money, bank accounts, shares, real estate and other assets.


Find Out More

Service Status Update

Until December 2018, there will be planned outages for some NSW LRS systems while we undertake essential works. Where possible these works have been scheduled over weekends to minimise disruption to our customers.

Upcoming Outages:
Will be advised once confirmed.

To check on the status of our online services or to subscribe to our outage notifications, please visit our Service Status page.